Friday, August 25, 2006

Naked Soul

I have been so amazed by the activity on this site. I just figured out how to allow comments and I also set up a site meter he other day. In just 48 hours or so, it is mind-boggling. The online predictor is estimating 12,000 pages per month will be viewed by you people OUT THERE!

Here in the USA, there are places that really surprise me. Little dots were lit up like a Christmas tree across the country and my heart was pounding at the thought of people actually reading my journal entries and articles. WOW! From Oregon to Arizona and from Texas to Minnesota and from New Hampshire down to Florida… the coverage and extent is truly surprising. With regular emails you don't get to SEE what's happening, so this was a real revelation to virgin eyes.

I put on the world map and saw that someone was reading it in FINLAND and in MOSCOW! I mean, I don’t even know anyone in Finland… And there was a red dot in China and England and about four hits from an “UNKNOWN COUNTRY”… What does that mean? All part of the wonders of electronic journaling.

I don’t know if I can wrap my mind around this thing. This soulscriber’s had some moments of sheer paranoia. Seriously, this is quite an exercise in testing the limits of one’s vulnerability and willingness for exposure. Yes, what I’m saying is, it makes me feel quite naked! Soul naked.

You know how odd this is? God often calls people to do things that they are not naturally comfortable or good at doing. I mean, MOSES had a speech impediment and God called him to speak to the most powerful world leader of the day, for Pete’s sake. Well, I am actually a fairly private person, but God has called me to expose my heart and soul.

Somewhere underneath it all, there is a wondrous sense of delight that God is in it. I know He can take even the smallest crumbs and multiply them as they are dispersed to the four winds in His Name.

But when I see those little twinkling lights, red, greens and whites, I'm tempted to feel violated. Who are these people? Yeah, it’s unfamiliar territory. Do I quit this? Nah, I can't stop now! This is a life-giving exchange. A forum for real feelings. A platform for searching souls.

It’s do or die, baby. Sink or swim! As Garth sings, “I’m going to sail this vessel till the river runs dry!”

Dear God, once again I commit this journey into your hand to be used for your glory. May our hearts be drawn and spiritual appetites salted for the quenching that you alone can give. Excite and challenge and expose real truth as you move across boundaries and time zones, toward the breaking down of walls in people’s lives…

Especially my own!

Amen.

+++++++++++++++++++++

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Low Deloge said...

Thank you, K. I've appreciated your emails also. If ever I feel the temptation to veil myself again I will remember your encouragements to continue baring my soul. You keep writing too!
Karen

3:26 PM  
Blogger P.H. said...

Thanks for turning on comments.

ptcakes

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're writing regularly again and that you're getting such a positive response!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're writing regularly again and that you're getting such a positive response!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home