Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Lord has become my husband

"You will forget the shame of your youth and
remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.
For your Maker is your husband--
the Lord Almighty is his name--
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth."
Isaiah 54:4-5

Despite the awful awakening to pain and loss, I do believe my God is going before me. He has wrapped his arms around my life and he has truly become my husband. He holds doors open for me and wakes me in the morning with a loving touch. He whispers direction in my heart and fills my spirit with song. I can only respond in greater hope and bask in the peace he gives. I am in good hands. The one who holds the future holds me.

Lord Jesus, I know that all I need on this earth is you! I praise you for life and opportunity. I praise you that you have made me secure in truth. As David wrote, even if the mountains should crumble and fall into the sea, I know your love is holding me. Strengthen these limbs and accept my heart as your humble home. Guide me, Lord God. Direct my paths into your perfect will.


“God is my refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore I will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging… The LORD Almighty is with me; the God of Jacob is my fortress.” Ps 46:1-7


+++++++++++++++

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen...

Reminds me of a quote from Jim Elliot – 20th Century faithwalker:

“God always gives his best to those who leave the choice with him.”

May Jesus Christ we glorified in everything we think, say and do!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home