Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Mother's Birthday

Januray 19th

Today was my mother’s birthday. Let’s see. She would have turned 81 today. Wow. That’s really hard to believe.

Instead, she has been enjoying glory for 26 years now. I wonder if she was one of the ones who met Frank when he arrived a year ago. I wonder what 26 years in glory feels like.

I've really missed knowing her, my dad, and all my grandparents. But it’s good to remember.
Life is short.

Mom was so brave and courageous. It warms my heart to know that this dear faithful woman was covered by God’s grace and received by him in the end.


Dear Lord, I thank you for such a wonderful mother. She was an example of goodness and uprightness who gave herself to her family unselfishly. Thank you for her life and all her hard work. Thank you for her songs and laughter. Thank you for the role model she was to us. Lord Jesus, would you tell her happy birthday from me tonight? Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger P.H. said...

And for me too.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home